On 31st May, NetSuite released their fuller-featured NetSuite for Android App. Now available for free download on Google Play, the app provides users with mobile-only features and out-of-the-box support for 19 languages.
Earlier this year, NetSuite released an initial version of the app which provided quick and easy time and expense management, including time entry and bulk uploads of multiple receipts captured as images on mobile devices. Below, we go through some of the new features.
- Full access to all mobile-supported record types – including all Entities (e.g. Customers), Transactions (e.g. Sales Orders), Custom records and many more
- Calendar functionality including the ability to view calendars of other users
- Global search
- Lists of records with view, filtering and quick sort options
- Favorites for quick access to specific lists of records
- Support for Nexus 7 and other non-camera devices
Key features of the NetSuite for Android App
The Android app works with all roles types including Employee, Standard and Custom Centre. The new features combined with the existing ones mean NetSuite users now have access to the following functionality:
- Full record support – Create, edit, delete and view key record types including leads, customers, sales orders, invoices, expense reports and more. Search and view lists of records, and create favorites to enable quick access to specific record lists.
- Business action support – Approve sales orders and expense reports, convert estimates, accept customer payments, bill sales orders and more. Trigger other business actions.
- Calendaring functionality – Manage calendars across list and week views, and view other calendars including those of fellow employees.
- Record customisation support – All existing customisations including custom forms, fields, workflow and scripts are supported.
- Complete time and expense management – Manage time tracking and expenses quickly and easily, including bulk uploads of multiple images of receipts captured.
- Quick actions – Map customer locations, initiate phone calls, respond to events, or quickly complete tasks.
- Localisation – Instantly adapts to specified NetSuite language settings and supports multiple currencies.
- Time Tracking and Management functionality requires the Timesheets feature to be enabled.
- The application supports all standard roles by default. However, the Mobile Device Access permission may need to be granted to login using a Custom role. (Please contact your account Administrator and see the help topic ‘Mobile Device Access Permission’.)
- You must have Android 4.2 or higher.
NoBlue is one of the UK’s leading providers of NetSuite’s range of cloud software for business. If you’d like more information on how NetSuite can benefit your organisation then don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Leave your thoughts on the new NetSuite Android app in the comments box below.